Chi Chi's

John A. Quayle Boss302 at LOCALNET.COM
Mon Nov 10 06:01:20 MST 2003

At 09:46 PM 11/9/2003 -0700, Jim Nantz wrote:

>You've heard of the Chi Chi's in Pennsylvania where some of the staff had
>hepatitis and hundreds of the customers got it and now thousands are
>thought to have been exposed to it.
>
>On Friday's show Quinn wonders if it's possible for one or two employees
>to infect that many people.
>
>What I have to wonder if any of those employees are moslem. Then again, it
>doesn't have to be terrorism. In my younger days I worked at various fast
>food joints. Many times I saw employees who left the restroom without
>washing their hands. How disgusting. He's just had his hands all over his
>willie or had his hands up his butt and now without washing his hands he's
>going to fix somebody's food? When I caught one of these jokers I would
>tell them to wash their hands. If they didn't, I'd report them to the
>manager and he would make them do it.

         Here's the deal...................the Chi-Chi's in question is the
Beaver Valley Mall location, north-west of Pittsburgh. 130 victims have
been hospitalized (no report on any of the victims spreading their
infection to others.......yet). I used to work at the long-since defunct
"Lum's" cafeteria-style "hash house." I was 18 or 19, at the
time.....perhaps as old as 20. I was the geek running the automatic
dish-washer. Tough job, eh? Load the thing with soap and dishes, close the
top and press the button. I digress. I couldn't possibly begin to tell you
what I witnessed at Lum's. I'd be too embarrassed from the graphic
description necessary to tell the story.

         The manager didn't care, either. Heck, he was too busy puttin' the
make on the high school girls he hired to wait the tables. He was quite
Clinton-esque, I'll say. Sort of physically resembled our "li'l buddy" who
brought us the brilliance (sarcasm, folks......don't get your morning java
down the wrong pipe!) of "Bowling For Columbine." I think this manager
(Wayne - somebody or another) thought baths and showers were meant to be a
monthly thing. He had the tell-tale aroma. The girls he groped didn't know
what they could stomach less - his perpetual stench or his boorish
behavior. One day, they got a surprise inspection from the county health
inspector........I'll take credit for that one, thank you kindly.
:-)

>Considering how so many people are taught so little in today's public
>schools and how little they know about science, germs and such, it's a
>miracle that this thing at Chi Chi's doesn't happen more often.

         Absolutely correct, Jim. My mom volunteers at the local hospital
gift shop as what's known as a "candy striper." She has witnessed her
fellow stripers neglecting the soap and water, too. Right in the hospital!

Ridiculous!!!

John Q.