Heavy Hand Of Gov't.........WOD....

John A. Quayle Boss302 at LOCALNET.COM
Thu Nov 13 21:00:31 MST 2003

Police Raid School With Guns Drawn

Photo:
<http://www.youthrights.org/articles/stratfordraid.jpg>http://www.youthrights.org/articles/stratfordraid.jpg

         A dozen officers in Goose Creek, South Carolina stormed through
the halls of Stratford High School with guns drawn, forcing 107 students to
lay on the floor and submit to a drug dog search. Students were commanded
to get on their knees with their hands behind their head, students who did
not respond quick enough were put into handcuffs.

         One student said, "I thought one of the guns was going to go off
and shoot or kill somebody, so I just got down to my knees and covered my
head for protection."

         The scene, which looks more like Iraq than a high school, was
captured by the school surveillance cameras and then broadcast by the media.

         The raid was an attempt to find marijuana, but no drugs were found.

         One student said: "They would go put a gun up to them and push
them against the wall and they would like take their bookbags."

         Parents were outraged at the raid, but principal George McCrackin
said he would "utilise whatever forces that I deem necessary" to keep drugs
out of the school.

         State police are now investigating the incident.

         NYRA members are encouraged to express your outrage by emailing:

Principal George McCrackin:
<mailto:GeorgeMcCrackin at Berkeley.K12.SC.US>GeorgeMcCrackin at Berkeley.K12.SC.US

Chief of Police Harvey Becker:
<mailto:HBecker at CityofGooseCreek.com>HBecker at CityofGooseCreek.com

Charleston Post and Courier:
<mailto:Letters at PostAndCourier.com>Letters at PostAndCourier.com

http://www.youthrights.org
NYRA - PO Box 5882 NW - Washington DC - 20016