Prescription Drugs

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Fri Nov 14 10:44:18 MST 2003

Confused.  I am reading about Bush coming up with plan to help elderly pay for
drugs.  I think I am sympathetic, yet why should we pay for this?  I certainly
do not expect someone else to pay for my needs.  What gives?

I had this discussion with a friend of mine.  he said his mom couldn't afford
the drugs.  I told him that he should then go ahead and pay for them.  he said
he couldn't afford them either - so I asked "well, then, what makes anyone
think
I can afford them?  If you can't help your own mother, why should I?  I have my
own people to help."

My wife and I are pouring every cent we can afford into savings for our
retirement.  (Boy, am I going to be ticked if I die before I get a chance to
spend that money).  I have no expectation of anyone paying for anything for us?
where do people get these notions/expectations?

If you want something - work for it!

Complex concept, huh?