Goose Creek thugs

Jim Nantz jnantz2 at 216-19-216-16.GETNET.NET
Fri Nov 14 13:51:55 MST 2003

I can't help but wonder how this incident will hurt the local
economy.  Think about it.  If you're a businessman who wants to expand his
company.  Are you going to build your new plant there?  If you do, you will
have a hard time attracting good people.  After knowing about the incident,
how many of your employees would want to move there?  I don't know what
local tourist traps they have there, but if you're a tourist driving
through the area, would you want to risk being pulled over by some thug who
gets off by pointing guns at unarmed children?  Maye you're not speeding,
maybe you come to a complete stop at every stop sign, and maybe you are one
of the few who does use their turn signals before making a turn.  Do you
think that would matter to one of these gestapo wannabes?  For all you
know, if you have a car that Bubba would want, maybe he would pull you
over, say you were speeding and conveniently "find" some drugs in your car.

Fox News reported that one of the cops was harassing a kid about the cash
he had in his wallet (about $100).  Turns out the kid works at the local
Kentucky Fried Chicken and just got paid.

That's another thing.  In several of the high profile drug busts that make
it to the evening news you'll hear about how police seized some cash.  It's
as if people are trying to act like it's illegal to carry cash.  I read on
foxnews.com once about a guy who was driving to another state to buy a
car.  He was one of those classic car buffs, kinda like someone who used to
hang out on this list.  Anyway the cops pulled the guy over, found the
cash, seized it and arrested the guy.  It was obvious very quickly to the
local judge that the guy had done nothing wrong and he was
released.  However he never got his money back.

Maybe Quinn would set off the cookoo clock if I called, but I wonder if
some people just don't like the idea of us running around with cash.