Heavy Hand Of Gov't.........WOD....

Mon Nov 17 20:01:05 MST 2003

Fired as in firing squad would be most appropriate.

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What  would
things  have been like if every Security operative, when  he
went  out  at night to make an arrest,  had  been  uncertain
whether he would return alive and had to say goodbye to  his
family?  Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for  exam
ple in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire
city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling
in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at  every
step  on the staircase, but had understood they had  nothing
left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an
ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or
whatever else was at hand.  -- The Organs would very quickly
have  suffered  a shortage of officers  and  transport  and,
notwithstanding  all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed  machine
would have ground to a halt!"
Alexandr Solzhenitsyn,*The Gulag Archipelago*

CWSIV

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:05:10 -0700 Jim Nantz