GCF: Thanksgiving Prayer

Thu Nov 27 12:56:33 MST 2003

From: "Thomas S. Ellsworth" <tellswor at slonet.org>

GCF: Thanksgiving Prayer

My family traditionally begins the evening meal with a prayer of thanks.
When they were old enough, we began letting our children say the meal
prayer. Of course at first they would ask for a pony, a new bike, etc.
They
soon learned the more important things which should be included in the
prayer.

At Thanksgiving we had the whole family over. My nine year old wanted to
say the prayer. It went like this:

"Heavenly Father, we thank Thee for the turkey, the rolls, the mashed
potatoes, the red jiggly stuff, and the bread stuff even though I don't
like it. We ask that You not let us choke on this food."

(Most of us nearly choked just trying not to laugh!)

              _  _____________________________________  _
             / )|        Thomas S. Ellsworth          |( \
            / / |        tellswor at slonet.org          | \ \
          _( (_ |   http://www.slonet.org/~tellswor   | _) )_
           \      /      How many roads must a      \      /
            \   _/       man travel down before      \_   /
            /  /         he admits he is lost?         \  \
                                                                483

                     *** Good Clean Fun ***
              Stop for a visit, leave with a smile!

To join  Good Clean Fun, email: good-clean-fun-subscribe at yahoogroups.com