New Demz Talking Points (sort of long)
John A. Quayle
Boss302 at LOCALNET.COM
Sat Nov 29 23:13:34 MST 2003
A continuing public interest project initiated by Bob Zimmerman,
author of "The American Challenge - Twenty-One Winning Strategies for the
[Quayle sez:] What a shameless liar...........
Talking Points (Fact Sheets) for Democrats:
Sources: Each of the Talking Points was widely reported in the
American press, and none of them has been successfully disputed by any
member of the Bush II administration.
[John sez: The proper term is REFUTED. Liberals have no brains and here's
The Bush II Success Story: A Global Tragedy in the Making
1. Successfully catered to heavily bankrolled special interests and giant
multinational corporations while totally ignoring the needs of working
Americans, retirees, and the environment.
[John sez: this is completely speculative, nebulous and impossible to
prove. There's no hard truth in this, whatsoever. It's typical opinion from
2. Successfully squandered the entire stock of worldwide empathy and
goodwill that accrued to America following 9/11 by invading Iraq under
false pretenses and without the approval of the United Nations.
[John sez: more of the same......secondly, who gives a flip about the
United Nations? I certainly don't!]
3. Successfully launched his 2004 campaign with a doctored ad that portrays
him as the nations' protector against terrorism when, in fact, it was his
inept leadership that has created the war on terror.
[John sez: all they have is shameless, tired slander. Period!]
4. Successfully told all other nations "you are either with us or against
us," thus reducing the art of American diplomacy to the language and
tactics of schoolyard bullies.
[John sez: because most of them ARE schoolyard bullies and they hate
America. Liberals refuse to believe this - to the country's detriment.]
5. Successfully avoided his military responsibilities by deserting from the
U. S. Air Force, and then used his father's connections to avoid prosecution.
[John sez: this is an outrageous, slanderous lie! No surprise, though. Bush
actually was a pilot and he completed his service term. Bubba left the
country to run and hide from the draft board.]
6. Successfully attended over 40 political fundraisers in 2003, but did not
attend any of the funerals for the hundreds of U.S. soldiers who lost their
[John sez: More slander........the federal government was well-represented
at all veterans' funerals. This is a matter of public record.]
7. Successfully rammed a prescription drug program through Congress that
promises to destroy Medicare by providing windfall profits to drug
companies, HMOs, and insurance companies, and hardly any benefits for seniors.
[John sez: It was the Democrats who've been promising seniors such a
federal giveaway in the first darned place. Now that they've been one-upped
at their own game, they fall back on scaring old people, just like during
8. Successfully presided over more executions than any other governor
in America's history.
[John sez: Dead criminals can never victimize again. What's the problem?]
9. Successfully rammed the USA Patriot Act through an unwary Congress, thus
dealing the greatest blow to civil rights ever experienced in America.
[John sez: I don't like the legislation, either. However, liberals are all
of a sudden blanketing themselves in the Constitution - a document they
previously scoffed at in labeling it "old ideas written by a bunch of dead,
white, Eurocentric extremists."]
10. Successfully expanded the role of the military to spy on Americans, a
mission unprecedented in American history.
[John sez: They're dreaming........there aren't any military people spying
on my house at the moment. As the Kinks used to sing, "paranoia will
11. Successfully ignored the statement of General Tommy Franks, the man
appointed by Bush II to plan and execute the disastrous American
invasion of Iraq, that any future terrorist attacks on the U.S. would lead
to the suspension of the U.S. Constitution and military rule in America.
[John sez: More hot air about the lack of the Constitution being applied.
Cry me a freakin' river.........]
12. Successfully used counterterrorism law to chill free speech and the
right to peaceably assemble by directing the FBI to investigate individuals
and groups protesting his pre-emptive military doctrine and elective wars.
[John sez: Let's quote Stephen Stills and the Buffalo Springfield this
time. "Paranoia strikes deep.......into your heart it will
creep.......starts when you're always afraid.......step out of line, the
Man come to take you away..."]
13. Successfully smears all those who disagree with his new American
militarism as unpatriotic.
[John sez: This is riotously hilarious! The Republican Party won't stoop to
using smear tactics and never has - EVER!]
14. Successfully ordered American reserve units into action in Iraq without
upgrading their equipment to the level of protection afforded regular Army
[John sez: A bald-faced lie......one that is too easily refuted by simply
visiting the Department of Defense website.]
15. Successfully parades as a deeply religious Christian, yet he daily
ignores Jesus as he pursues war instead of peace. Successfully looted the
U.S. Treasury of nearly $3 trillion to provide payoffs to the 1% of
Americans who are already wealthy, effectively saddling 99% of us, and
future generations, with new debt of $125,000 to $250,000 per person.
[John sez: Now they are implying they can read souls to determine genuine
devoutness. They HATE people of faith and even NY Times' Nicholas Kristoff,
a radical liberal, takes them to task for their official position. As far
as "looting the U.S. Treasury", they flunk badly at understanding
economics. 'Nuff said.]
16. Successfully labeled his looting of the U.S. Treasury as tax cuts
for everyone. Actually, the zero to $200 in tax relief that low and
middle-income groups did receive was more than offset by increases in local
property and state taxes, tuition hikes, and increased energy costs, all
made necessary to offset Bush II budget cuts and military adventurism.
Meanwhile, the average millionaire (Bush II campaign contributors) received
payoffs averaging over $90,000.
[John sez: Tired, worn-out class envy stuff. Local tax hikes are something
Bush cannot control. Miserable fools can't seem to understand the nature of
the separation of powers. Pity!]
17. Successfully transfigured the huge federal budget surplus created by
Democrats into an endless sea of Republican red ink (deficits).
[John sez: There was NEVER any genuine budget surplus. It was entirely
smoke 'n' mirrors projections.]
18. Successfully cut federal funding for the delivery of vital state and
local services to disadvantaged and needy people, deviously labeling the
cuts as necessary to reduce the Republican-created deficit.
[John sez: They want Bush to control the local situation, too. This proves
they desire to trash the separation of powers as described in the
Constitution. A monolithic, socialistic government is their goal.]
19. Successfully ignored intelligence reports warning that a 9/11-type
attack was imminent, and refuses to cooperate with legally constituted
commissions that are investigating what really happened on and before 9/11.
[John sez: Just like Clinton before him............]
20. Successfully avoided responding to the inquiries of the families of the
9/11 victims, calling their unanswered questions unimportant and
unnecessary. By and large the mass media, with only rare exceptions,
ignores the unanswered questions.
[John sez: They are clearly delusionary........Bush has been mercilessly
hammered by the national media.]
21. Successfully leaked the name of an undercover CIA agent (a felony) to
the press, and has refused to cooperate in the continuing criminal
investigation of White House personnel to find the leaker.
[John sez: The woman named was an administrative assistant. Even her
husband initially told the press that his wife was never an agent. He later
changed his tune after an obvious consultation with legislative Democrats.
Hm-m-m-m, I wonder WHY?]
22. Successfully expanded weapons spending (including vast new funding for
the research and development of new nuclear weapons) beyond anything needed
for real national security for the sole purpose on enriching family and
[John sez: More class envy and obvious destain for our nation being capable
23. Successfully ignored the needs of 45 million Americans, mostly
women and children, who cannot afford health insurance.
[John sez: That figure is a outrageously inflated by at least six TIMES the
true figure. Besides, the government was never meant to give people
whatever they wish, cradle-to-grave. This is a problem for charities to
24. Successfully staged a chauffeured landing on an aircraft carrier to
announce victory in Iraq, thus falsely portraying himself as a hero when in
fact no such victory had obtained.
[John sez: Saddam's gone.......that's a victory, anyway one slices the
bread. At least Bush didn't block the runway at LA-X for a stupid haircut.]
25. Successfully promised to find bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, and weapons of
mass destruction in Iraq, but failed to deliver on the promises.
[John sez: We ain't done lookin' yet, either.....]
26. Successfully protected approximately 20 members of the bin Laden
family by secretly spiriting them out of the U.S. the day after 9/11.
[John sez: Where's the supporting evidence? This is pure conjecture.]
27. Successfully stalled an investigation into whether or not NORAD
received orders to stand down on or before 9/11.
[John sez: Again, where's the proof?!?]
28. Successfully drafted a Roadmap for Peace in the Middle East, but has
instead pursued a policy of war, war, and more war.
[John sez: Because we're still being fired upon by radical Islamists
brought in by Hamas and other terrorist groups.]
29. Successfully told hundreds of lies to the American people, more than
all other American presidents combined. See NOW website for a comprehensive
list of these lies.
[John sez: Wishful thinking...........Clinton is the real champion of
falsehood. Nobody else even comes close. This is an old debate tactic.
Charge your opponent with something you're guilty of and see if it sticks.]
30. Successfully aided and abetted the consolidation of the mass media so
that a few billionaires now control what is euphemistically called
America's free press. Recently, a Washington Post reporter confessed to
being duped into believing that Bush's invasion of Iraq had anything to do
with protecting our national security.
[John sez: Not a single grain of truth here. Nothing even close.]
31. Successfully created heightened global instability and insecurity by
withdrawing America from important long-standing treaty obligations.
[John sez: Notice that they don't even bother to name a single example.
32. Successfully encouraged anti-democratic campaign fund-raising and
special interest lobbying practices that are really nothing but outright
[John sez: Oh, like John Huang and Charlie Ya Lin Trie's "lobbying" efforts?]
33. Successfully waged a continuing war on women by aggressively trying to
restrict a woman's right to choose.
[John sez: A baby is a flesh and blood human being, not a choice. The
right-to-life is inalienable. Without life, itself, the Founding documents
are completely worthless.]
34. Successfully waged war on the environment by dismantling sections of
landmark environmental legislation including the Clean Air and Clean Water
[John sez: Let's poison the air and water so we can kill ourselves.....real
BRILLIANT stuff, eh?]
35. Successfully waged a continuing war on working Americans by promoting
the export of their jobs overseas and hindering the rights of workers to
form unions and receive overtime pay.
[John sez: GATT is what started the ball rolling. That piece of crap was
signed by Clinton. Again, Bush has NOTHING to do with local issues - even
36. Successfully waged a continuing war on the elderly and on future
generations of Americans with efforts to cripple Medicare and Social
Security, and failed to do anything protect employee pension plans from
[John sez: Having legislators decide how much I need to live on, how much I
can leave to my heirs and pretending to "plan" for my retirement is pure
idiocy - one of the most stupid and arrogant things I've ever run across.]
37. Successfully waged a continuing war against the bedrock American
principles that separate church from state by attempting to transform our
public schools into houses of worship and funding faith-based organizations
with taxpayer dollars.
[John sez: That so-called "bedrock principle" mentioned is NOT listed in
any of the Founding Documents.]
38. Successfully curtailed the development of cures for major diseases by
overly restricting stem cell research.
[John sez: These people are ghouls..........they see nothing wrong with
cloning for body parts. How ghastly and gruesome!]
39. Successfully violated two international laws (The Hague Regulations of
1907 and the Geneva Convention of 1949 and the US Army code of war) by
ignoring the Iraqi Constitution which forbids the privatization of key state
assets and bars foreigners from owning Iraqi firms.
[John sez: There's no infraction against the US Army Code of War and I
personally don't give a flip about the other two documents mentioned. I'm
an AMERICAN, not a world citizen.]
40. Successfully aided and abetted the expansion of the anti-democratic
powers of giant multinational corporations, and failed to prosecute gross
[John sez: Meantime, the investigations and convictions are on-going.]
41. Successfully destroyed America's credibility in the United Nations and
throughout the world by opting to pursue elective wars, thereby creating
conditions favorable for the intensification of terrorism, and removing
America from the world's family of nations.
[John sez: And the problem is.............what, exactly? We don't need
ANYONE else's approval to act militarily.]
42. Successfully introduced an inept economic program that failed to create
a single American job, lowered wage rates, and lost 3 million
[John sez: NAFTA and GATT strike again - both sought and signed by Clinton.]
43. Successfully implemented schemes (phony tax cuts and excessive
weapons spending) that served as means to transfer large chunks of our
national wealth from working people to the 1% who are already wealthy.
[John sez: More spurious class envy.............]
44. Successfully transformed America into the target of choice for global
terrorism and ridicule from abroad.
[John sez: By doing WHAT???]
45. Successfully created a Department of Homeland Security to protect
Americans from terrorist attacks, but did not provide the funds necessary
to do the job.
[John sez: Democrats stone-walled the whole thing.]
46. Successfully invaded Iraq without any exit strategy, a catastrophic
planning blunder that is now costing hundreds of American lives, thousands
of American casualties, thousands of Iraqi lives, and hundreds of billions
of taxpayer dollars.
[John sez: Just like in Kosovo..............]
47. Successfully created near total chaos in Afghanistan by installing a
puppet regime whose authority is limited to Kabul (the capitol city),
allowing the rest of the country to fall into violent anarchy and become
the world's # 1 supplier of heroin and safe haven of choice for terrorists.
[John sez: Afghanistan has long since been the world's number one supplier
of heroin and a safe haven for terrorists. Now, it's out in the open.]
48. Successfully handed global terrorism victories by failing to destroy al
Qaeda and the Taliban, and by curtailing the civil rights of every
American. Al Qaeda is regrouping and stronger than ever. The Taliban are
regrouping in Afghanistan and positioning themselves to topple the American
[John sez: My civil rights remain unscathed. And the terrorist groups
AREN'T strengthening. Far from it.]
49. Successfully cut funds for veterans' health care and raised eligibility
[John sez: Quite the opposite. Go to the Department of Defense website and
the proof is right there.]
50. Successfully reduced hazardous duty compensation for veterans.
[John sez: See prior response.]
51. Successfully created an energy plan that entirely fails to address
America's strategic need to become energy independent, while providing
substantial tax relief to the full array of Republican-run energy
companies. Fortunately, the plan failed to win Congressional approval.
Successfully aided and abetted the recall of Governor Gray Davis for the
purpose of delivering California in 2004 presidential election.
[John sez: The Democrat whiners halted drilling in the Antarctic for no
good reason. And Gray Davis was relieved of his duties because of
ineptitude and lying about it to win re-election.]
52. Successfully elevated the sophistication of political rhetoric by
calling environmentalists "green, green, lima beans."
[John sez: No, the term is actually "watermelons - green on the outside and
red inside." Crybabies! Grow up!]
53. Successfully portrays himself as a Texas rancher when even his wife
refers to him as a "windshield cowboy."
[John sez: I've never seen the quote. Notice they never mentioned the source?]
54. Successfully promotes himself as a self-made rugged individualist when,
in fact, his entire education and career was built on the use of his
father's name to gain entry into Harvard and Yale and to attract large sums
of investment capital.
[John sez: Bush EARNED an MBA for himself, by himself. The ol' man didn't
take W's tests for him, did he?]
55. Successfully promised to leave no child behind (educationally
speaking), and then delivered nothing but an unfunded mandate that thwarts
all efforts to level America's educational playing field.
[John sez: The liberals blocked school choice vouchers and they say they
are "pro-choice"...........what a laugh!]
56. Successfully destroyed the infrastructure of Iraq and then committed
hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars to rebuilding it; meanwhile, the
rebuilding of America's crumbling infrastructure is all but ignored.
[John sez: The army's duty is to kill people and break things. We also
committed billions of taxpayer dollars to rebuild post-Nazi Germany, too.
Get over it.]
57. Successfully created numerous opportunities for Republican-run
companies to profit from his disastrous pre-emptive war policy (the
invasion of Iraq was based on pre-emption even though Bush knew Iraq posed
no threat to the U.S. or its neighbors). An example of Republican war
profiteering is Halliburton (Cheney's old company), which charges the U.S.
Army in Iraq nearly $2.00 a gallon for gas that they could purchase from
Iraqis for five to ten cents a gallon.
[John sez: Class envy.....................z-z-z-z-z-z!!!]
58. Successfully but unnecessarily put our troops in harms way in Iraq, and
ordered them to pursue the unmerciful murder of thousands of innocent
people, mostly women and children.
[John sez: Only the ones toting carbines and AK-47s...........]
59. Successfully announced a series of false terrorist threats that
unnecessarily spread fear and loathing throughout America for the sole
purpose of promoting Bush's elective wars and fooling the Americans into
thinking their government was hard at work protecting them.
[John sez: They castigated Bush for ignoring 9/11 warnings and here, they
expected him to ignore more threats. This is playing both sides of the same
60. Successfully transformed the executive branch of government into an
operation more secretive than the CIA and far more threatening than
organized crime or any terrorist organization ever could be.
[John sez: No more secretive than Hillary's healthcare confab was in 1995.]
The total lack of honestly from this cadre of mopes angers me
greatly. This country-wide "Let's Hate Bush" campaign, based on
unsubstantiated claims and utter falsehoods has reached critical mass with
me. I'm not the biggest supporter of GWB by any stretch. But, this
concerted smear effort is the most wicked, meanest, lowest, ugliest,
crudest, thing going.
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody
endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --Frederic Bastiat
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.543 / Virus Database: 337 - Release Date: 11/21/2003
More information about the Rushtalk