TMI

Jim jnantz2 at 216-19-216-16.GETNET.NET
Tue Apr 6 01:32:00 MDT 2004

Tonight the local PBS station aired a hit piece on Three Mile Island.  This
happened about 25 years ago.  I have yet to hear anything about any health
problems related to TMI.  Has anyone else?  Also some years ago a friend of
mine who worked at Palo Verde (nuke plant west of phoenix) told me that the
accident at TMI is about as bad as one can get in a nuclear plant of the
kind that are in use in this country.

Maybe someone's touched on this in the past, but I have to wonder why it is
that liberals are so against nuclear power.  It doesn't pollute the air or
water.  The waste fuel from a nuclear plant can be processed to remove the
waste and leave the remaining fuel ready to be put back into a
reactor.  Also the fuel that will power a reactor for a year and a half to
two years will fit under your kitchen table.  Add the shielding needed to
store it safely and it can be brought to the plant on your run of the mill
18 wheeler.  Has anyone seen the mountain of coal that's kept at a coal
fired plant?