money

Jim jnantz2 at 216-19-216-16.GETNET.NET
Fri Apr 9 14:31:13 MDT 2004

At 12:15 PM 4/9/2004, Dennis wrote:
> >If they're going
> >to seize the suspect's money, it should be returned to him if he's found
> >not guilty.
>
>It is. I just takes even more money to plod through the courts to get a
>court order to have it returned same as with any other seized property. On
>the other hand I don't have much sympathy for people that carry large
>quantities of cash around and then lose it.

I've heard of cases where someone was accused of some drug offence, and
their money seized.  Eventually they're found not guilty and had to fight
in court to get their money back.  I would like to see a Federal law that
says the money must be returned immediately upon the person being found not
guilty.