Prisoner treatment

Jim Nantz jnantz2 at 216-19-216-16.GETNET.NET
Fri Apr 30 15:32:47 MDT 2004

I agree Dennis.  We can't condone mistreatment of POWs.  I would think it
a good idea to make sure that all military personnel know that this sort
of thing won't be tolerated.  It's one thing to get a little rough on
someone when you need information quickly.  For example if an American
soldier is being held by insurgents and you've captured one of them,
getting a little rough might be a good way to get him to tell where the
soldier is so he can be rescued.  However mistreating them for the hell of
it isn't a good idea.

If one side mistreats its prisoners, the other side can use this to
justify its mistreatment of its prisoners.

--

Del Boy for President