where in the constitution

wbwhite wbwhite at MADBBS.COM
Tue Mar 2 08:24:36 MST 2004

    Right on Dennis.   Gay marriage and so-called civil unions ripen the
potential for massive rip-offs of entitlements.    Redistributing income
(legalized robbery) and burgeoning entitlements have been the downfall of
many a complex society.  The law of diminishing returns takes its toll, and
the society implodes,  like the Soviet Union, unless other complex societies
prop it up, out of self interest.

    I don't think this controversy over who can be legitimately married is a
distraction, Ray.  In terms of immediacy, it may pale alongside, say,  the
terrorism of the Islamists,  but the way we deal with this issue now has long
term cultural consequences.

Bill