Fw: A BILLION

Susan Rojas suerojas at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Mar 5 14:50:53 MST 2004

A friend of mine sent this to me and I wanted to share.

A    B I L L I O N!!!

This is very interesting.

The next time you hear a politician use the words "billion" casually, think

about whether you want that politician spending your tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency

did a good job of putting that figure into perspective in one of its

releases:

A billion seconds ago, it was 1959.

A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive.

A billion hours ago, our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate

Washington spends it.

The Democrats are complaining on how long the war in Iraq is taking but

consider this:

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch

Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

It took less time to find Saddam's sons in Iraq than it took Hillary Clinton

to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy

the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police

after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in

Florida!!!!!!