Fw: A BILLION

MC Spearing yuramac at YAHOO.COM
Fri Mar 5 15:32:32 MST 2004

If this were tongue-in-cheek humor, then it'd be
funny. As it happens to be the truth, it comes closer
to the definition of the word "Lugubrious."  That is,
funny and tragic at the same moment (think of the
Drama Masks symbol).

MCSpearing

--- Susan Rojas <suerojas at MINDSPRING.COM> wrote:
> A friend of mine sent this to me and I wanted to
> share.
>

> A    B I L L I O N!!!
>

> This is very interesting.
>

> The next time you hear a politician use the words
> "billion" casually, think
>
> about whether you want that politician spending your
> tax money.
>

> A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but
> one advertising agency
>
> did a good job of putting that figure into
> perspective in one of its
>
> releases:
>

> A billion seconds ago, it was 1959.
>

> A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive.
>

> A billion hours ago, our ancestors were living in
> the Stone Age.
>

> A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20
> minutes, at the rate
>
> Washington spends it.
>

> The Democrats are complaining on how long the war in
> Iraq is taking but
>
> consider this:
>

> It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet
> Reno to take the Branch
>
> Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.
>

> It took less time to find Saddam's sons in Iraq than
> it took Hillary Clinton
>
> to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.
>

> It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and
> the Marines to destroy
>
> the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy
> Kennedy to call the police
>
> after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.
>

> It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count
> the votes in
>
> Florida!!!!!!

=====
France has usually been governed by prostitutes. - Mark Twain

      - Remember:
        Koby Mandell -  http://www.kobymandell.org/about.htm
        Shiri Negari    -  http://www.shiri.us/