GCF: Alpha Beta Gamma

Thu Mar 11 10:10:29 MST 2004

While working as a television news cameraman, I arrived at an accident
scene, and a cameraman from another station pulled up behind me. As I
parked the news cruiser, I heard a policeman on the scanner using the
radio
phonetic alphabet to alert other officers. "Be aware that the Mike Echo
Delta India Alpha has arrived," he said.

I approached the officer, looked him in the eye and said, "You might be
surprised to know that some of us in the Mike Echo Delta India Alpha can
Sierra Papa Echo Lima Lima."

             / )|        Thomas S. Ellsworth          |( \
            / / |        tellswor at slonet.org          | \ \
          _( (_ |   http://www.slonet.org/~tellswor   | _) )_
          \\\\ \_/ / Women will never be equal to  \ \_/ ////
           \      / men until they can walk down the\      /
            \   _/ street with a bald head & a beer  \_   /
            /  / gut, & still think they are beautiful.\  \
                                                                557