Snakes - WAS - Sabino Canyon mountain lions

Charlie Darling csd_1212 at JUNO.COM
Tue Mar 16 05:50:46 MST 2004

I have had fair luck with the .38 cal shot cartridges on snakes- (Pellets in a plastic 'shell'? ) Not as many snakes in CT as out west - but I must admit for all the little lead pellets they put in those I stopped one one time and saw that a piece of the plastic shot carrier had hit him (or her, snakes are hard for me to tell:-) ) in the head.

I'd just rather take my chances with a richocheting (#12?) pellet than a full 29 grain soft nose - or 'piece of the rock' !

ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION!

I forgot who made that "buntline" .22 -  Ruger?

Charlie

-- carl william spitzer iv <cwsiv_2nd at JUNO.COM> wrote:

A former neighboors ex had a 12" barreled revolver 22 which he used for
snake'n.  i wish I had that piece.
With soft nosed bullets all he had to do was shoot near the head into a
rock and off with the snakes head.

CWSIV