Pope Benedict XVI and John XXIII

MCSpearing yuramac at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 20 20:32:36 MDT 2005

I have to agree. Vatican II did as much as any enemy of the church to harm it. The corosion began by John XXIII (and ended by Paul VI) continues to this day to eat away at the underpinnings of Roman Catholicism. Regrettably, it will take more than John Paul II's legacy and Benedict XVI's keeping the course to undo all the lasting harm.

MCS

"Kenneth E. Wyman" <kewcomm1 at IX.NETCOM.COM> wrote:
   I thank the Holy Ghost that we were not given
another John XXIII. He and his liberal cohorts
did much to give us the troubled American
church of to-day with its Bishops ignoring the
Pope in Rome when it suited their purposes.

   Unlike John XXIII, Pope Benedict XVI will not
substitute the ever-changing tenets of modern
liberalism for the timeless teachings of Jesus Christ.

Kenneth E. Wyman

"One must fight if only to have fought
according to one's conscience."

Remember them: