Worthwhile Reading................???

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Thu Aug 4 10:11:45 MDT 2005

Why Bernard Goldberg is screwing up America

A review of 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America by Bernard
Goldberg

Review by Mike Adams
August 1, 2005

Bernie Goldberg really isn’t screwing up America. I just thought
that headline would get his attention so I could thank him for
writing his best book yet. The book is even better than the #1 New
York Times Bestseller Bias. I loved that book, mainly because my
Marxist colleagues hated him for writing it. I guess that’s why I
like Goldberg so much, even though we’ve never met.

Almost everyone who reads 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America
will have some names to add to the list and some they wish to
remove. Goldberg acknowledges that. But I would caution readers of
this great book to make sure they don’t get too caught up in
examining the list. If so, they risk overlooking the handful of
tremendous short essays, which comprise the first fifty pages of
this remarkably entertaining book.

Without question, the best of those essays is one called, “I’m
offended, therefore I am.” I agree with Goldberg’s suggestion that
our new national motto should be “What’s in it for me?” I also
like that he recognizes that self-pity is at the core of identity
politics, which has produced a nation in which the majority of
Americans now proudly boast that they are in some way
“disadvantaged.” He also recognizes that this is a transparent
effort to compete for advantages unavailable to the minority of
Americans who are “advantaged.”

When readers do finally get to the list, they are in for a real
treat. Specifically, there were two reasons why I so enjoyed this
list that I could not put it down. First of all, it gave me new
reasons to dislike people I already dislike. Some examples
follow:

Sheila Jackson Lee. For years, I’ve known that the race-baiting
black Democratic Congresswoman from Texas was a jackass. But I
never knew that she once complained about the lack of “black
names” for hurricanes. Lee’s call to be more racially sensitive
when naming hurricanes is hysterical. I can’t wait for hurricane
La Kisha to hit the East Coast. Maybe we should call them
whore-icanes instead of hurricanes. That way, we can keep all the
rappers happy, too. What a boost to black pride! Thanks for
pointing all this oppression out, congresswoman!

Eve Ensler. I knew the author of The Vagina Monologues was a real
nut when I read her infamous play. She just talks about cha-chas a
little too freely to be normal. But, thanks to Bernie, I now have
a favorite Eve Ensler election-year quote: “It’s really important
for us to get our vaginas to the polls.” Did she mean to say polls
or poles? Or was she talking about Poles? I have a lot less
restraint than Bernie Goldberg. Sorry, I just couldn’t resist.

Robert Byrd. We all know that the Democratic Senator was in the
KKK. But did you know that after leaving the Klan and becoming an
elected official he wrote the following: “The Klan is needed today
as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West
Virginia
” He went on to say that we need the KKK in every state.
And he is the only Senator who voted against the confirmations of
both Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas. Enough said.

Jimmy Carter. Before you go nodding in agreement the next time
someone says that Carter is our best ex-President to date, read
this book. Among other things, you will learn that Carter referred
to the intifada as an uprising that “exposed the injustices
Palestinians suffered, just like Bull Connor’s mad dogs in
Birmingham.” He also wrote to members of the UN Security Council
trying to undermine Bush’s policies during the First Gulf War.
Then, picture him sitting next to Michael Moore at the 2004
Democratic Convention. Our worst president ever is also our worst
ex-president ever.

The second reason I like this book is that it gave me some new
people to dislike, along with good reasons why I should dislike
them. Some examples follow:

Kerri Dunn. This visiting psychology professor at
Claremont-McKenna college in California is a real piece of
 shall
we say, work. She vandalized her own car by spray-painting words
like “kike wh**e” and “b***h” and then reported it as a “hate
crime.” After classes were canceled and thousands of students went
to a protest rally to denounce the “hate crime” the police found
her out. The school’s president Pamela Gann then stated that “the
tremendous response of our students and faculty
was very positive
and should not be forgotten. Their actions exemplified the
leadership skills and sense of civic responsibility that we seek
to develop in our students
” I really can’t wait until California
falls into the ocean. I hope the colleges slide off the continent
first.

Chris Ofili. He became a famous artist by drawing a picture of the
Virgin Mary. Then he painted a bunch of female as*es on the canvas
next to her. He then rubbed elephant manure on the canvas to top
it all off. Nothing more need be said.

Katherine Hanson. This feminist expert in “the culture of
violence” asserts that every year nearly 4 million women are
beaten to death in the United States. Here’s the problem: Only one
million U.S. women die per year from all causes combined.

Ingrid Newkirk. The co-founder of PETA gives us some insights into
why her organization ranks second only to NAMBLA in perversity. I
can’t muster the words to do justice to this idiot. So, I’ll use
her words instead. For example:

“Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but six billion
broiler chickens will die this year in slaughterhouses.” - 1983

“Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we’d be
against it.” – 1989

“There is no rational basis for saying that a human being has
special rights. A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. They’re all
mammals.” – 1989

After Yasser Arafat bombed Israel, Newkirk was incensed. But she
was angry because Arafat used a donkey to carry explosives. When
the donkey was killed, she asked him to “leave the animals out of
this conflict.” Oh well, at least one explosive jackass survived
the episode.

All this PETA garbage makes me want to head to the woods to hunt
some game in Ingrid Newkirk’s honor. I think I’ll invite Bernie
Goldberg to go with me. In the meantime, I’ve given you at least
eight good reasons to buy his book. There are only about 92 more.

Mike Adams is a Townhall.com columnist.