PBS - Pay Your Own Way! - J. Stossel

Thomas Matiska tom.matiska at ATT.NET
Tue Aug 9 02:34:34 MDT 2005

Ever notice the "sponsorship" message on PBS for ACE Hardware (narrated by Coach Madden) is the exact same spot used as a commercial on other networks.  Can someone from the left explain to me why this advertisement isn't an "advertisement" when it is played on PBS?

Tom

-------------- Original message from "csd_1212 at juno.com" <csd_1212 at JUNO.COM>: --------------

Great Article!  Let me see if I have learned any liberal logic -
Money in the form of advertising from BIG COMPANIES will give the donor/payee "too much influence", but money from  the Government in equal amounts will guarantee "fairness"?
Should I conclude it is because corporations are spending their OWN MONEY that they ask more than the government HYPOTHETICALLY would?

Charlie Darling