Fwd: FCF PRESS RELEASE

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Thu Aug 11 12:32:17 MDT 2005

Free Congress Foundation

717 Second Street, NE

Washington, D.C. 20002

August 10, 2005

Press Release

Robert Spencer, author of “The Politically Incorrect Guide to
Islam (and the Crusades),” Regnery Publishing, 2005, calls for
non-Muslim individuals and nations to unite against Islam and
terrorism.

“This is something that people in the western world just can’t get
their minds around. And can’t accept. They cannot believe that
there could possibly be a religion that doesn’t teach, ‘the
Fatherhood of God, and the Brotherhood of Man.’ But the fact is
that it’s not just a matter of cherry picking a few verses here
and there. It is a strain that runs all the way through Quran, the
holy book of Islam; the Hadith, the traditions of the Prophet
Mohammed that are second only to the Quran in authority for
Muslims; and Islamic law and jurisprudence, as well as Islamic
history,” said Spencer.

“As a matter of fact, in the book, I call for a crusade. Not a
crusade in the old fashioned way, of the church calling it, and it
being undertaken by knights. But a crusade in the sense that we
are not going to apologize anymore for our own heritage and
history. We are going to take pride in our heritage and history
that has given the world the greatest civilization that the world
has ever known. We need to unite: believers, unbelievers,
Christians, Jews, atheist, Buddhists, Hindus. Unite together.
Without denying our differences or glossing over them, but,
nonetheless, understanding that this is something that threatens
us all. And that we need to defend ourselves against it.  And,
unashamedly, call that a crusade, because we are not ashamed of
our Fathers, and who we have been,” he concluded.

Spencer was interviewed on the RIGHT HOUR, an Internet based radio
program, hosted by the Chairman and CEO of the Free Congress
Foundation Paul M. Weyrich. In addition to being the director of
Jihad Watch, a Website and e-mail service that monitors the
activities of Islamists, Spencer is an Adjunct Fellow with the
Free Congress Foundation. The program was carried live on the
Rightalk.com network and is available to listeners worldwide, who
have up-to-date computers.

Further, he pointed out that Islam is not a religion of peace in
spite of what is said in its regard. “This is a phenomenon that
the mainstream media has been unable to or unwilling to note. But
the fact is that, story after story, again and again, when we see
stories of the London suicide bombers, when we see stories of the
9/11 hijackers, and of Islamic terrorists the world over, there is
one recurring element in all of the stories. And one only. And
that is that, in every case, they are Muslims, who, at a certain
point in their lives, became more religious. And began to get
serious about their Faith. And when they began to get serious
about their Faith, they turned to terrorism.”

Spencer further noted, “The Quran says in chapter 9, verse 29 that
Muslims must make war against even, ‘the people of the book,’
which is the Quranic term for Jews and Christians. And all the
schools of Islamic law all say the same thing, that it is part of
the responsibility of Muslims to wage war against Jews and
Christians and other groups until they either become Muslims or
pay the non-Muslim pole tax that is specified in Islamic law. This
is, as I said before, mainstream Islam. And it has never been
renounced or rejected by any Islamic sect. They have always been
set against Christianity and have always acted violently against
Christianity, except when it was not within their physical power
to do so.

“
the Jihad terrorists around the world have many times explained
that they do not consider civilians in America, in Britain, in
Israel or elsewhere as being innocent. And, as a matter of fact,
one London Islamic authority recently said, there is no category
of ‘civilian’ in Islamic law, which is true. And so, for them to
condemn attacks on innocent civilians is just, ‘window dressing
for westerners.’ It really does nothing whatsoever to deter
Islamic terrorists from continuing to do violence in the name of
Islam,” he explained.