Fwd: +CBS (old media) still doesn't get it?

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Mon Aug 22 10:06:07 MDT 2005

 http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=19078

The Forbidden Truth About Islam
By Robert Spencer
FrontPageMagazine.com | August 10, 2005

“Too many people might be emotionally affected by the subject
matter.
 It’s too controversial to be aired at this time.”

So said a statement from CBS/Infinity Radio, declining to run a
series of paid commercial announcements. What were these
emotionally affecting and controversial spots advertising?
Vivisection of puppies? The North American Man/Boy Love
Association? The placement of religious symbols on government
property?

None of the above. The rejected ads were to announce a conference,
“The Radical Islamist Threat to World Peace and National
Security,” sponsored by the People’s Truth Forum. I will be
participating in this symposium on September 21 in Plantsville,
Connecticut, along with Harvey Kushner, author of Holy War on the
Home Front; Brigitte Gabriel, a former anchor for world news in
the Middle East; and Laura Mansfield, an author and counter-terror
analyst.

What is so frightening about this for CBS? Well, I cannot speak
for the other participants, but at the conference I intend to
challenge media bias head-on by exploding the common politically
correct notions that American injustice and economic inequalities
are the real cause of terrorism, not any imperative derived from
Islamic theology. I will show how jihad violence – in the words of
terrorists themselves including Osama bin Laden – gains its
impetus from core elements of Islamic theology mandating warfare
against unbelievers, and call upon sincere moderate Muslims to
confront and repudiate these elements of Islam. From what I know
of the other speakers, I seriously doubt that they intend to
sugar-coat matters or toe the line of politically correct
orthodoxy. And the ads, in a quiet but unmistakable way, make that
clear.

Why is this too much for CBS? The rejected ads touted the
conference as revealing the motivation behind the madness of the
9/11 attacks and announced the speakers. No frothing condemnations
of Muslims in general, no calls to nuke Mecca or round up innocent
people and throw them into internment camps. In short, nothing but
a straightforward announcement of a conference designed to explore
the motivations of Islamic terrorists.

The fact that CBS/Infinity Radio would find this in itself too
controversial and emotion-arousing for the American people is just
one sign of the abysmal state of public discourse about Islamic
terrorism today. The forces of political correctness as well as
prominent American Islamic advocacy groups seem to be doing all
they can to make sure that the American people are not exposed to
any serious investigation of the genuine root causes of Islamic
terrorism – such as I have undertaken in my new book The
Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades). Even
speaking the truth about Islam is becoming increasingly difficult
in today’s stifling politically correct atmosphere. After
successfully getting radio talk show host Michael Graham suspended
for his remarks about Islam, the Council on American Islamic
Relations (CAIR) directed its ire toward Geoff Metcalf, Graham’s
replacement. Metcalf annoyed CAIR by telling his listeners that
the Qur’an allows Muslims to lie to unbelievers. Yet even as it
complained about Metcalf’s statement, CAIR’s press release
attacking Metcalf, Radio Host Claims Quran Teaches Muslims To Lie,
doesn’t say that what Metcalf said was false. Why not? Because
it’s true.

Religious deception of unbelievers is indeed taught by the Qur’an
itself: “Let not the believers take for friends or helpers
unbelievers rather than believers. If any do that, in nothing will
there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution, that ye may
guard yourselves from them” (Qur’an 3:28). In other words, don’t
make friends with unbelievers except to “guard yourselves from
them”: pretend to be their friends so that you can strengthen
yourself against them. The distinguished Qur’anic commentator Ibn
Kathir explains that this verse teaches that if “believers who in
some areas or times fear for their safety from the disbelievers,”
they may “show friendship to the disbelievers outwardly, but never
inwardly.” The Qur’an also warns Muslims that those who forsake
Islam will be consigned to Hell — except those forced to do so,
but who remain true Muslims inwardly: “Any one who, after
accepting faith in Allah, utters unbelief — except under
compulsion, his heart remaining firm in faith — but such as open
their breast to unbelief, on them is wrath from Allah, and theirs
will be a dreadful penalty” (Qur’an 16:106). Ibn Kathir explains
that “the scholars agreed that if a person is forced into
disbelief, it is permissible for him to
go along with them in the
interests of self-preservation...”

But if CBS and CAIR get their way, the American people will be
denied the ability to act in their interests of their own
self-preservation – by being not allowed to investigate and
discuss the roots of Islamic violence and terrorism. And that in
turn will lead only to our increased vulnerability to new terror
attacks, more virulent than any we have seen up to now.

Is that what they want?

The following "URL" may be used to secure your copy of Robert
Spencer's new book - The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0895260131/ref=ase_robertspen