New Orleans

Carl Spitzer cwsiv_2nd at HOTPOP.COM
Tue Aug 30 13:47:48 MDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 17:36 +0000, Thomas Matiska wrote:
> It's been 19 years since I had a drink on Bourbon St.  Can't do
> anything to help them now, but this Mardi Gras maybe I can
> help with the rebuilding by pumping some of  my dollars into their
> economy.

They may not have one this year as they will be pumping water for
months.  Best we can hope for is no more storms because they can't take
another hit.  Looks like the insurance companys will try to skrew over
the rest of the nation to pay for this bill.  /They say the french
quarter survived so it looks like the Street of Red Lanturns will be
open for business.

I wonder if the government will make it worse by regulating the price of
rebuilding supplys?

CWSIV