Gasoline Price Gouging

Wed Aug 31 17:01:33 MDT 2005

Mr President,

Action must be taken to keep gasoline stations from gouging the public,
just because they know that individuals' cars use gas or diesel to run
them.  I am currently unemployed, and for me it would be impossible to
pay what is currently being charged in Atlanta, GA, with one gas station
owner charging over $6.00 per gallon.  These level of prices will lead to
people rioting for gasoline.  Sir, you need to take action (if its
possible at your level) to ensure that gasoline is available at prices
that people can afford.  There are those who are taking advantage of this
tragedy in the Gulf Coast States for their own welfare.  We have gasoline
in tanks that could be as much as two weeks old, that is being sold at
anticipated purchase price; to me that is price gouging.

Sir, I'm hoping that you, as President of the United States, will be able
to take steps to ensure that price gouging gasoline station owners do not
take advantage of others who are suffering due to this act of nature.

Regards,
Richard Whitenight
Arlington, Texas