Gasoline Price Gouging

Jim jnantz2 at 216-19-216-108.GETNET.NET
Wed Aug 31 22:45:05 MDT 2005

Dudley D. Doright wrote:
> Stations in my area went from $2.59 yesterday to $3.29 Today.  Smells to
> high heavin.
>
> DD

In the email he sent to W, Richard said something about people rioting
over gasoline.  This is possible.  I passed one gas station on the way
to work today.  Gas that was selling for $2.79 a week ago is now going
for $3.29.  Price gouging on the part of whoever is responsible will
only give support to the DemocRATS and anyone else who buys into the
notion that all business is bad and the evil capitalists must be
punished.  If this goes on for very long, you'll see people robbing gas
stations telling the clerk to turn on the pump.

I'm wondering what kind of damage this could do to the nation's economy.
  Most of the Gulf coast is shut down.  I also heard today that 9 oil
refineries are shut down and numerous oil rigs are damaged and no longer
pumping oil.

Thanks to the enviromentalists who have been successful for over 30
years in keeping a new refinery from being built, the remaining
refineries can't step up production enough to make up for the ones
currently offline.

I guess the only good thing to come out of this is the news I heard
today that the federales have decided to suspend the requirements for
the specialized gas blends for each city.  However this is too little
too late, like throwing an apple to a hundred starving people.

--

"He who laughs when things go wrong has just thought of someone he can
blame it on." - Benny Hill