Unconscionable!

Thomas Matiska tom.matiska at ATT.NET
Tue Feb 8 06:36:48 MST 2005

Good thing the state of PA didn't know that I was only 12 when I first started working on roofs during summer break. (grandfather was a general contractor).   The job kept me too busy and tired to get into the normal kid trouble,  allowed me to save for my first car,  made me quit unpaid football practice (more dangerous than work), and motivated me to get my academics back on track for college, because I sure as hell didn't want to do hard labor  for  the next 50 years like my 62 year old grandfather was still doing.

That childhood job was probably the best thing that could have happened to me.

Tom

-------------- Original message from John <blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET>: --------------