O/T: Attention all Systems Gurus on the list............

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Thu Feb 10 16:17:42 MST 2005

Folks:

Could this have any validity at all? I'm dubious,
personally........

----- Original Message -----
From: Marilyn Smith-Mooney - Council Member & Former Mayor
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 6:58 AM
Subject: EMERGENCYEMAIL.ORG - MICROSOFT ISSUES 12 SECURITY
BULLETINS; 8 DESIGNATED CRITICAL

IMPORT YOU READ THIS IMMEDIATELY

As a no-cost subscriber to the Emergency E-Mail Organization's
emergency notification system, I received the below message into
my e-mail "Inbox" at 12:59 PM on 2/9/2005 and am sending it on to
as many as I can to be sure you know and take protective measures
immediately.

Feel free to forward this onto others you think would appreciate
receiving this critical notice.

Marilyn P. Smith-Mooney
Marilyn P. Smith-Mooney
District #2 Council Member & Former Mayor
CITY OF PUNTA GORDA

City Web Page:  http://www.ci.punta-gorda.fl.us
City Council Web Page:
http://www.ci.punta-gorda.fl.us/citycouncil/council_mayor.htm
City Hall Office:  941-575-3369
City Hall Office Fax:  941-575-3365
City Hall E-Mail:  district2 at ci.punta-gorda.fl.us
Home:  941-637-0355
Home Fax:  941-637-8577
Home E-Mail:  airhart at sunline.net

Feb 9, 2005

MICROSOFT ISSUES
RECORD 12 SECURITY BULLETINS
8 DESIGNATED CRITICAL

In the past 24 hours Microsoft has issued a record 12 security
bulletins. EIGHT of the bulletins are rated "CRITICAL". (CRITICAL
are those that allow propogation of an Internet worm without the
user knowing it or doing anything.)

It is particularly important that Windows systems are patched
promptly as several exploits are already circulating around the
Internet.

For further details, visit:

http://www.emergencyemail.org/cybermain.asp

THE EMERGENCY EMAIL & WIRELESS NETWORK