O/T: Attention all Systems Gurus on the list............

Thomas Matiska tom.matiska at ATT.NET
Thu Feb 10 17:49:47 MST 2005

I'm far from being a "systems guru".  I'm not a farmer either, but I know manure when I smell it.  The two urgent update alerts I received the last two days smelled badly.  Unlike the usually messages from my provider that direct me to Microsoft's page, these allerts appeared as  pop ups several minutes after I logged on telling me to "click here"  to update my software.   Wonder if the  update comes with a Jeff Foxworthy screen saver that says "Here's your sign"?

I did go to Microsoft's update page and found there are 2 new updates for Feb (besides the dozens of language & euro crap).    That doesn't satisfy me that the pop ups were legit.

Tom

-------------- Original message from John <blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET>: --------------