site gone bye bye

Jim jnantz2 at 216-19-216-108.GETNET.NET
Thu Feb 24 21:20:39 MST 2005

Yesterday if you listened to Quinn in the morning you heard him talk about
a website called www.forsakethetroops.info.  It is a site done up by some
liberals who take delight in making fun of the soldiers, sailors, airmen
and marines who have been injured in Iraq.  Of course Quinn had nothing
good to say about the site and those who created it.  A little while ago I
started listening to his show from this morning and he mentioned the site
again.  He went on about how the whiners at the site were crying
censorship because the company that had been hosting it gave them notice
that it would be taken down.

A few minutes ago I went to see the site for myself and found the
following text.  Look at the page yourself, whoever put the graphics up
there has a sense of humor.  Here is the text that is now at
www.forsakethetroops.info

ERROR: Website Not Found!

Site Gone Bye-Bye!

Forsake The Troops is no longer a customer of SMIS Hosting. Their website
is no longer hosted by our company. We intitally gave them the courtesy of
more than 24 hours' notice to terminate their account, but due to their
threats and vile behavior, which violated our TOS, they were removed as of
5pm on Thursday, February 24th, despite a grass-roots campaign to attempt
to flood our e-mail boxes and telephone lines with cries of "Save our
Ship!"

We don't normally air business matters with clients in the public, as we
believe in respecting clients' privacy, however, Forsake The Troops, led
by Scott Vogel and Laurie Vogel, chose to bring their business out in the
public by way of threats and obscenities towards us. We find it tasteless
that they felt that the fact the owner of SMIS has a biracial child is
something to be used against him.

We apologize to the many people who were offended, and thank those who
wrote in to complain, giving us the documentation to show that the
Internet community did not appreciate their presence.

Furthermore, Forsake The Troops has chosen to refuse to honor an
outstanding bill for some services. The money isn't of concern to us,
though it costs money to run the servers, we have many customers who are
good, decent people and pay their bills on time.

However, due to their outstanding balance, we have seized their domain
name, which they purchased through us as a third-party domain reseller.

Therefore, we would like to offer the domain name to anyone who feels that
any good can be served by it, though the name is vile and disgusting.
Though they owe us money, we feel that it would be a good cause to donate
the domain name to a Veterans' group, or some similar organization that
can make some good come out of the name.

If you are with an organization that could benefit from this domain,
please e-mail us through the link below.

An added bonus, besides the domain being used for good, is that nothing
would anger the Vogels more than to see this domain pointed to a veteran's
group or pro-military site. We would like to see this domain used for
good.

We welcome your comments and inquiries about this client and the domain
name at service at smishosting.com. You may also contact us through our
website at www.smishosting.com.

Below are some links that we feel are appropriate at this time:

US Army

Military.Com

Nelson is a trademark of Gracie Films/The Simpsons

--
In 08 vote for a crook you can trust.
Del Boy for President.