The Russians are coming

MCSpearing yuramac at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 3 13:29:07 MST 2005

It's been a while John, but WSTV sounds right.  Check and see if they have a web site and look for Marjie.

MCS

John <blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET> wrote:
Dmitri has been replaced by Jim Quinn at 'VA, Michael. The station
in Steubenville....would that have been WSTV-AM by chance? That's
where I got my broadcasting "baptism" of sorts. I had an older
cousin who was a newscaster there. On the weekends, he did news
"updates" during and after Cleveland Indians baseball (now they
are a Pittsburgh Pirate affiliate) and college football games. I
tagged along, no more than a fifth grader or so. I learned much
back then.

John Q.

On Thu Dec 30 19:44:14 PST 2004, MCSpearing
wrote:

> I met Dmitri a few times when he was running a morning show
> (maybe still is) at WWVA-AM in Wheeling. The news director
> there, Marjie Difiti, was in the process of converting me from
> print media to radio with a news anchor job. Then she got fired
> and set up shop in a Steubenville, Ohio station, and her
> replacement brought in a homeboy for the position. My big chance
> to become the world's next Ted Knight was dashed. Meantime Mr. D
> had the chutzpah to arch an eyebrow at my wife .... The cad!
> (actually, he complimented me on my fine tatse, but chided her on
> hers). Go figure.
>
> MCS
>
> John wrote:
> Actually, Dmitri is *GREEK* and his main job is a writer for the
> Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. I've enjoyed many of his columns (at
> ), but his on-air repartee is irritating, at
> best. I can't really tell if he's joking about Kwanzaa or is
> serious. In either case, Dmitri and Q & R certainly don't see
> eye-to-eye on many issues. Jim & Rose will return from vacation
> next week.
>

> John Q.
>

> On Mon Dec 27 21:13:27 PST 2004, Jim
> wrote:
>
>> I just now started listening to what I thought was Quinn's Monday
>> show.
>> Instead there's some Russian guy going on about Quinn and Rose
>> taking the
>> week off to celebrate Kwanzaa.
>>
>> John what's going on?
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> --
>> In 08 vote for a crook you can trust.
>> Del Boy for President.
>> http://www.ofah.net
>>

> France has usually been governed by prostitutes. (Mark Twain)
>
> Remember them:
> Koby Mandell - http://www.kobymandell.org/about.htm
> Shiri Negari - http://www.shiri.us/

> Send a seasonal email greeting and help others. Do good.

Remember them:
Shiri Negari - http://www.shiri.us/