Outrageous

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Mon Jan 10 14:13:02 MST 2005

There are always pi$$ers and moaners - no matter what the event or the
activity.  We're not even from Phoenix, and during the race and after I
finished (it went on 4 hours beyond that) we had no problem getting
around.  My son's fiance who is vaguely familiar with Phoenix was able to
navigate the family to several viewing areas along the course without any
problems due to road closures.  Did the news happen to mention that last
year, with about half the participants as this year, the race (not counting
the direct payments from the race itself for reservations, police services,
etc) pumped over $42,000,000 into the Phoenix. Mesa, Temp, and Scottsdale
economies in two days?