Artie Shaw

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Tue Jan 11 05:41:59 MST 2005

It's really easy, I do it all the time.

Most sound cards/connections have an input.  Your turntable must have a
pre-amp.  The high quality ones of old with magnetic cartridges will NOT
work.  You can either buy a small pre-amp, or you can buy a turntable with
one built in.  I got mine at Circuit City for $90.  The Roxio software has
capturing capability.  I didn't know that at first, and I bought a program
off the Internet for $10 that captures the audio - either as wave or mp3 -
your choice.  I capture the whole record or cassette and then use the Roxio
software to split the single huge file into multiples.  Then burn the
CD.  If you don't have Roxio, there are programs on the Internet for $10
that will split the file.  email me with any questions - I've done abut 100
so far (cassettes and LP's).

Steve