Artie Shaw

Carl cwsiv_2nd at HOTPOP.COM
Wed Jan 12 15:31:15 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 18:37, f16rsdad at juno.com wrote:
> > I have one of his records but my player needs repair before I can
> > rip it
> > to cd.  I played the clarinet stick in HS band.
>
> Does any one know what is needed to put records & cassettes on the
> compute and transfer them to CD?

First a midi jack on your soundcard and then appropriate software to
record the information.  Most software makes a large wave file which you
need to cut apart at the pauses between songs.  Then these pieces are
ripped to mp3 or ogg depenting on your system.  Likely Ill use arecord
because it came with the distro but there is a shareware for windows
which will rip about 5 minutes until you pay for the unlocking key.

--