Dirty Harry & The Human Dirigible...

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Mon Jan 17 17:38:59 MST 2005

Moore is in the line of Clint's ire......
Clint Eastwood warned Michael Moore not to shoot.

Clint Eastwood squinted like Dirty Harry Tuesday night as he took
aim at Michael Moore.

"Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both
appreciate living in a country where there's free expression,"
Eastwood told the star-dotted crowd attending the National Board
of Review awards dinner at Tavern on the Green, where Eastwood
picked up a Special Filmmaking Achievement prize for "Million
Dollar Baby."

Then, the Republican-leaning actor/director advised the lefty
filmmaker: "But, Michael, if you ever show up at my front door
with a camera - I'll kill you."

The audience erupted in laughter, and Eastwood grinned
dangerously.

"I mean it," he added, provoking more guffaws.

Sitting well out of range at a table in back, Moore - who received
a special "Freedom of Expression" award for his anti-Bush polemic
"Fahrenheit 9/11" - chuckled.

What a difference from last summer, when Moore's supporters
complained that death threats were arriving almost daily and the
director showed up at the Democratic Convention with a security
detail.

Back then, Moore was outraged when CNN anchor Bill Hemmer
suggested during an interview that some folks might want to see
him dead.

"Can you think of any other interview in the history of television
where a politician or a movie director was asked about people
wanting to see him dead?" Moore seethed to me at the time.

But, in this case, Moore's rep told me yesterday: "Michael laughed
along with everyone else, and took Mr. Eastwood's comments in the
lighthearted spirit in which they were given."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/270757p-231851c.html