The WTO.............

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Mon Jan 17 17:44:59 MST 2005

The 1994 measure in which Congress approved membership in the
World Trade Organization contained a provision allowing a vote for
withdrawal every five years. In 2000, Congress did consider the
matter, but a majority refused to take our nation out of the
organization. Most members of Congress must have felt that the WTO
was just about trade and not about sovereignty.

However, as the past decade has shown, WTO mandates have overruled
our nation’s tax laws, set prices on the goods we import, imposed
taxation on Americans, and dictated numerous policies that only
Congress was given power to set.

In November 2004, the WTO once again exposed its dictatorial
nature by imposing punitive taxes on U.S. exports because of its
opposition to a law duly passed by the U.S. Congress and signed by
the President. It is outrageous that a foreign organization has
been given power to impose taxes on Americans and to demand repeal
of one of our laws. President Bush has stated his intention to
have Congress "get in compliance" with WTO demands. Now that it
has become completely obvious that the WTO has been given power
over our nation, it’s time for the U.S. to withdraw from the
organization.

Early in 2005, Congress will once again consider a measure to quit
the WTO. Write or call your Senators and Representative urging
them to sponsor or cosponsor a bill to withdraw the United States
from the WTO.

Your Senators and Representative can be reached toll free at:
1-877-762-8762.

For more information on the United States withdrawing from the
WTO, see "The WTO Trap" by Will Grigg in the January 10, 2005
issue of "The New American" at:

http://www.stoptheftaa.org/artman/publish/article_154.shtml

Will Christensen
National Vice Chair
Independent American Party
www.usiap.org

Be a pipeline not a bucket - Please pass this along