The Upcoming Iraqi Elections

wbwhite wbwhite at MADBBS.COM
Wed Jan 19 06:18:40 MST 2005

    I disagree.  The elections will happen because our high stakes in the
Middle East decree they must.   They may not be as orderly as your local
school board elections, but they will happen, and they will be sufficient
to make the strong point about Iraqi regime change.  I saw a report from a
foreign journalist who had spent several months embedded with the
"insurgents."  Their highly publicized explosions involve a lot of hit and
miss, mostly miss, which is why they have increasingly relied on suicide
bombers.   For reconnaissance they rely on holding their ears to the ground
to listen for vehicles and some children with cell phones.   Terrorists are
active, but they are sporadic, making inflated news only with anti-American
journalists, all too many of whom come from our own country.

Bill