Chuck Baldwin on Bush...........

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Mon Jan 24 10:51:42 MST 2005

By Chuck Baldwin
January 21, 2005

Yesterday, President G.W. Bush took the oath of office and
delivered his second inaugural address. As political speeches go,
this one was rather brief only consuming four typewritten pages.
Following are excerpts along with my abbreviated comments.

"I am determined to fulfill the oath that I have sworn and you
have
witnessed." (President Bush, January 20, 2005, Inaugural Address)

Unfortunately, President Bush either has no intention of
fulfilling
his oath to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of
the
United States" or he has no inclination as to what the
Constitution
says, because virtually everything he has done since being
elected
in 2000 has been egregiously unconstitutional.

> From expanding unconstitutional federal funding and oversight for
public education to intensifying unconstitutional federal police
encroachments upon our freedoms and liberties via the Department
of Homeland Security and Patriot Acts to unilaterally and
unconstitutionally ordering the invasion and occupation of Iraq,
President Bush has demonstrated a calloused disregard for the
Constitution. To now proclaim that he is "determined to fulfill
the
oath that I have sworn" is meaningless rhetoric.

"The best hope for peace in our world is the expansion of freedom
in all the world." (President Bush, January 20, 2005, Inaugural
Address)

This statement formed a redundant theme throughout the
President's speech. For example, Bush also said, "the ultimate
goal
of ending tyranny around the world." And, "one day this untamed
fire of freedom will reach the darkest corners of our world."
Still
other similar statements include, "the global appeal of liberty"
and
"a world moving toward liberty", etc.

The tenor and tone of the President's speech are very clear: G.W.
Bush intends to use America's armed forces for imperialistic and
expansionist purposes. Therefore, I believe it is all but certain
that
Bush will order our troops to invade and occupy Iran and Syria
and
perhaps even plans an attack against North Korea.

It is yet to be seen how long Bush's military aggression will be
tolerated by the American people. After all, the cost in terms of
American lives and tax dollars are so far incalculable. One thing
is
certain: we have not yet begun to see the tip of the proverbial
iceberg!

"The United States will not ignore your oppression, or excuse
your
oppressors." (President Bush, January 20, 2005, Inaugural
Address)

Of course, the United States has ignored oppression for decades.
Two of the most egregious examples of this are China and The
Sudan.

The Communist Chinese government is one of the most prolific
murder machines in world history. The toll of oppression and
death
inflicted upon the Chinese people by this killing machine is
impossible to calculate.

Yet, the United States has invested billions of trade dollars into
this
monster with absolute disregard to the suffering souls of China.
President Bush has continued the "one China" policy of his
predecessors and has freely imported China's slave-labor products
to the point that America's manufacturing base has all but
disappeared and our trade deficits continue to break all-time
records.

Likewise, President Bush has turned a blind-eye to the suffering
people of The Sudan. The Chinese-sponsored Khartoum
government has murdered more than 2 million people during the
past two decades with utter impunity. The oppression and
brutality
inflicted upon the Sudanese people staggers the imagination. Men
are crucified; women are raped into submission; children are
tortured and sold into slavery. Yet, the White House seems
totally
oblivious to their plight.

"The unwanted have worth." (President Bush, January 20, 2005,
Inaugural Address)

I would like to believe that President Bush would include unborn
babies in this statement, but his actions on this subject prove
otherwise.

More than four million unborn babies have been mercilessly
slaughtered in the wombs of their mothers since G.W. Bush first
took office in 2001. Abortion on demand is still practiced
undaunted in these United States, rhetoric to the contrary
notwithstanding.

Regarding abortion, President Bush and his fellow Republicans in
Congress have proven to be "paper tigers." They talk pro-life
during an election campaign season, but they have no intention of
actually saving the lives of the unborn.

Even the Partial Birth Abortion bill which Congress passed and
President Bush signed is nothing but an elaborate ruse to make
Christians and pro-lifers feel good about voting Republican.
There
was nothing of substance to it!

If anything, the Partial Birth Abortion bill serves to cement
abortion on demand into the legal fabric of America. By singling
out only one abortion procedure (the least one used, no less; it
accounts for less than one percent of all abortions), all
remaining
abortion procedures are thereby certified to be tolerable and
legal.

Beyond that, President Bush has increased federal funding for
both
domestic and overseas abortion providers to record numbers.
(Reference: http://www.covenantnews.com/lefemine041028.htm.)
He has consistently refused to make the life issue pertinent to
his
selection of federal judges. In fact, reports I have read indicate
that
no less than two-thirds of his judicial appointments to date are
either neutral or lean pro-abortion. That is hardly the track
record
of a true pro-life leader!

Add the fact that both Congress and the President have the
authority to end abortion on demand anytime they would choose to
do it, and one easily sees through Bush's pro-life façade.

Congress could end the federal government's endorsement of
abortion on demand by exercising their constitutional authority
granted under Article III, Section 2, to regulate and except
appellate jurisdiction of the federal judiciary, including the
U.S.
Supreme Court. Such action would clear the way for state
legislatures to outlaw abortion on demand in their respective
states.

However, President Bush has shown no propensity to encourage
Congress to fulfill this constitutional obligation. He has not
even
taken a position on Judge Roy Moore's Constitution Restoration
Act which was introduced in both chambers of Congress. (See
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/restoreconstitution2004.html)

In addition, the President has the power to end abortion on
demand
by refusing to execute what he considers unlawful and
unconstitutional Supreme Court decisions. After all, the Supreme
Court is not a power unto itself. It is one of three coequal
branches
of the federal government. As designed by the founders, each
branch holds check and balance on the other. This means the
judicial branch has no power to execute any decision or opinion.
That authority belongs exclusively to the President.

For example, President Thomas Jefferson refused to honor the
Alien and Sedition Act. After being told the Supreme Court upheld
the law, Jefferson quipped, (paraphrase) "Fine. Now let's see if
they can enforce it." Obviously, the Court had no authority to
enforce its opinion, so without Jefferson's assistance, the bill
became moot. And note that Jefferson was not removed from
office by Congress.

The point is, if President Bush truly wanted to end the slaughter
of
unborn innocents, he could do it! By declaring unborn babies
persons under the Fifth Amendment, he could issue an Executive
Order to his justice department that the federal government would
not interfere with those states that would choose to enact laws
against abortion. Again, this would allow state legislatures and
state governors to implement abortion laws as they deemed
necessary.

Yet, neither a Republican-controlled Congress nor President G.W.
Bush has done anything consequential to end abortion on demand.
So much for Bush's statement, "the unwanted have worth."

I really wish I could be optimistic about President Bush's second
term. I cannot. I'm afraid that unborn babies will yet be
undefended. Furthermore, I fear this president is leading America
into a federal police state at home and into an era of military
expansionism overseas. I pray I'm wrong.

© Chuck Baldwin

NOTE TO THE READER:

Chuck Baldwin's commentaries are copyrighted and may be
republished, reposted, or emailed providing the person or
organization doing so does not charge for subscriptions or
advertising and that the column is copied intact and that full
credit
is given and that Chuck's web site address is included.

Editors or Publishers of publications charging for subscriptions
or
advertising who want to run these columns must contact Chuck
Baldwin for permission. Radio or television Talk Show Hosts
interested in scheduling an interview with Chuck should contact
chuck at chuckbaldwinlive.com.

Please visit Chuck's web site at http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com.
When responding, please include your name, city and state. And,
unless otherwise requested, all respondents will be added to the
Chuck Wagon address list.

To subscribe to these columns, send a message to
majordomo at chuckbaldwinlive.com with the words subscribe
chuck-wagon in the body of the message. To unsubscribe put
the words unsubscribe chuck-wagon in the body of the
message.