India's Bright Idea............

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Wed Jul 6 19:41:07 MDT 2005

India is proposing {in a trade} the U.S. be allowed to move banks
into India, and export tariffs on some farm products...   Inbox

Diane Alden
to me
	 More options 	   11:15 pm (14 minutes ago)
------------------------<<<>>>
------------------------
               JOB DESTRUCTION NEWSLETTER
                     by Rob Sanchez
                July 04, 2005  No. 1282
------------------------<<<>>>------------------------

 India is using the WTO so that they can send unlimited numbers of
workers to the United States:

     India might work on better market access to its partners
     only if other countries are willing to liberalise Mode 4
     and Mode 1 under the GATS (General Agreement on Trade in
     Services).

The esoteric sounding Mode 1 and 4 that India is trying to
liberalize is the part of the GATS agreement that among other
things defines the "Movement of Natural Persons". Mode 1 refers to
the entry and temporary stay of human laborers for the purpose of
providing "services" for employers.

To find out more about "natural persons", read this article:
http://www.thesocialcontract.com/cgi-bin/showarticle.pl?articleID=1201&terms
=

In past newsletters I have warned that India was preparing to use
WTO negotiations to open up our borders with India so that they
have unlimited access to our labor market. These trade deals are
now in process. Discussions are being made behind closed doors and
will be hidden from our Congress and the U.S. media.

India is proposing that in a trade, the U.S. will be allowed to
move its banks into India and export tariffs on some of our farm
products will be lifted. The U.S. part of the deal will allow
India to have unlimited H-1B visas to send their people here to
take jobs. Simply put, India will allow U.S. farmers to sell a few
bags of rice to India as long as we are willing to sacrifice tens
of thousands of our high paying domestic jobs to the hoards of
Indian workers that are waiting to enter the U.S.

So far India is unhappy that the U.S. hasn't agreed to unlimited
H-1B visas. It's unlikely that any of the U.S. trade negotiators
are the least bit concerned for the safety and welfare of U.S.
citizens so a more likely explanation for this impasse may be that
the U.S. Trade Representative is holding out for more concessions
from India. Our jobs are being used as international bargaining
chips!