Acting Above The Law - Like The Clintons?

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Thu Jul 7 07:43:24 MDT 2005

[Folks: This incident *MIGHT* actually be funny if it weren't so
pathetic! I never had much of a taste for making a complete fool
of myself in public even when I was young and *VERY* impulsive! -
JAQ]

Trinity candidate arrested after concert
BY KATHIE O. WARCO, Staff writer

kwarco at observer-reporter.com

A candidate for Trinity Area School Board and her husband were
arrested Saturday night after allegedly creating a disturbance at
the P-G Pavilion.

Ivy L. O'Rourke Rodgers, 27, and Jason A. Rodgers, 28, both of 813
Weirich Ave., Canton Township, were arrested by Hanover Township
police near the main gates of the concert venue as the crowd was
leaving the Toby Keith concert. Ivy Rodgers won both the
Democratic and Republican nominations in the May primary for a
seat representing Canton Township.

While in handcuffs and shackles at the jail trailer used by police
at the pavilion, Ivy Rodgers reportedly picked up chairs and threw
them into the wall, damaging an electrical socket. Police said she
and her husband were extremely intoxicated.

Hanover police Officer Eric Allen, in a complaint filed with
District Justice Gary Havelka, indicated that he saw two men
getting ready to fight. The men continued to argue even after
Allen, who was working undercover, approached and identified
himself as a police officer.

When uniformed officers responded, Jason Rodgers and Matthew David
Ryan, 21, of 23 Cowden Road, Burgettstown, were arrested for
disorderly conduct.

Allen said Rodgers became belligerent and defiant and swore and
screamed at officers as they escorted him out in handcuffs.

Rodgers' wife also started to yell and swear at officers,
according to an affidavit.

When Allen identified himself and asked her to leave the area, she
responded that she did not have to listen to police. She then
reportedly told officers, "You don't know who I am. I'll have this
fixed. I'm on the school board," according to the affidavit.

After being warned several times to leave, she also was taken into
custody.

The couple were taken to the jail trailer at the pavilion, where
police had to put a spit mask on Jason Rodgers because he was
spitting in the direction of officers.

Police later released them to family members and friends, with
charges to be sent by summons.

Ivy Rodgers is charged with institutional vandalism, public
drunkenness and two counts of disorderly conduct. Jason Rodgers is
charged with public drunkenness and two counts of disorderly
conduct. Charges were filed Tuesday at Havelka's office. A
preliminary hearing is set for July 28.

Repeated attempts to reach the Rodgers Tuesday were unsuccessful.

Police said they arrested or issued citations to more than 120
people during Saturday's concert and another 98 on Sunday.