Fwd: CAFTA vote this week--US Independence Endangered

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Mon Jul 11 07:58:11 MDT 2005

On Mon Jul 11 05:27:39 PDT 2005, Thomas Matiska
<tom.matiska at ATT.NET> wrote:

> We are talking about closing the barn door, but the horse is
> already long gone.  Everything wrong with CAFTA(and many things
> are) is already wrong with existing trade agreements, except that
> only Mexico, China, and a few other developing countries benefit
> from the status quo.

So, you're suggesting that we lay down and take our lickin's?

> The idea of improving trade relations with our backyard neighbor
> at the expense of communists and other less desirable trade
> "partners" (enemies) on the other side of the world isn't that
> bad if you see this not as a as an "us vs them", but as a "them
> vs them".

China, by their own admission, is our sworn enemy - so screw them.
IMO, a country is slitting its own throat by dealing with the
devil.

> I can understand the ALF-CIO not liking it, but any trade
> agreement that China hates also can't be all bad, and too bad for
> China if they don't like it. Their campaign donations in the 90's
> may have helped influence trade deals during the Clinton era, but
> those days are gone.

We *HOPE*!!!

John Q.