This Is *UGLY*!

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Thu Jul 14 10:36:28 MDT 2005

Leaders from around the world are supporting President Clinton's
first annual gathering of leaders known as the Clinton Global
Initiative
(CGI). CGI's goal is to address global challenges in four areas:
poverty,
religion, climate change and governance. The event will take
place
September 15-17 in New York City.  This nonpartisan conference
will
concentrate a diverse and select group of current and former heads
of state,
business leaders, noteworthy members of the academic community,
and
representatives of key non-governmental organizations to identify
immediate
and pragmatic solutions to some of the world's most pressing
problems.

"Holding participants accountable for the help they pledge is the
best way
to ensure that real change is happening throughout the world,"
President
Clinton said.

President Clinton has created the CGI to address some of the most
historically intractable problems affecting our world. The two-day
Initiative
will focus on four themes: how to reduce poverty; using religion
as a force
for reconciliation and conflict resolution; implementing new
business
strategies and technologies to combat climate change; and
strengthening
governance.

Some members of the four advisory boards comprised of experts in
the topic areas include: General Wesley Clark, Pierre Omidyar,
Jeffrey Sachs, [Sachs is noted for working with the Russian
economy after the Wall fell. He is one of the designers of
"harmonization of economies" that became NAFTA, CAFTA, etc. The
others are Clinton Regulars: Robert Rubin, Howard Shultz, George
Soros, Edgar Bronfman Sr., President Leonel Fernandez Reyna,
Congressman Jim Kolbe, former President Ernesto Zedillo, Senator
Barack Obama and Cardinal Theodore McCarrick.

Also, Rupert Murdoch and the head of Time Warner -  one of the
media giants.

   "I am thrilled that world leaders from both the public and
private sectors
have agreed to support me and come together to make a difference,"
added
President Clinton. "And what we begin during three days in
September will not
end with the closing session of our event. My Foundation will take
the ideas
we develop and keep working with our Global Initiative
participants and others
to achieve tangible results."

About CGI:
    This inaugural Clinton Global Initiative will take place
September 15-17,
2005, coinciding with the 60th session of the United Nations
General Assembly.
It will bring together innovative and accomplished people from the
political,
business, academic and non-governmental organization (NGO)
communities. The
Clinton Global Initiative is a program of the William J. Clinton
Foundation,
which works to strengthen the capacity of people throughout the
world to meet
the challenges of global interdependence.

    To date, CGI is being attended and supported by the following
leaders:

     King Abdullah II of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
     President Jacques Chirac of France
     President Leonel Fernandez Reyna of the Dominican Republic
     President Olusegun Obasanjo of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria
     Prime Minister Tony Blair of the United Kingdom
     Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan of the Republic of
Turkey
     U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan
     Vice Premier Shimon Peres of the State of Israel
     Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger of the State of California
     Dr. Hernando de Soto of the Instituto Libertad y Democracia
in Lima, Peru
     Sonia Gandhi, Chairperson of UPA, New Delhi, India
     Rupert Murdoch, CEO of New Corporation, New York, NY
     Richard Parsons, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner, Inc., New York,
NY
     Dr. Muhammad Yunus, Founder & Managing Director of the
Grameen Bank