Fwd: The Omission from the new WWII Memorial

J o s e jrojas at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Jul 27 10:49:50 MDT 2005

Origins:   Although there once was some truth to the item quoted above, the information it contains is long outdated and never had anything to do with Pepsi or Coca-Cola. Neither soda company is producing, or has ever produced, redesigned cans bearing any portion of the Pledge of Allegiance or an image of the Empire State Building. This issue concerns a special patriotic can design produced by Dr Pepper back in November 2001, a can which was marketed for a limited time and has been off of store shelves for three years now (since February 2002).

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/undergod.asp

-----Original Message-----
From: "csd_1212 at juno.com" <csd_1212 at JUNO.COM>
Sent: Jul 27, 2005 9:39 AM
To: RUSHTALK at athena.csdco.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: The Omission from the new WWII Memorial

This was forwarded me & I have <caveat!> NEITHER checked it in Snopes nor the grocery store :-)

But it fits right in with trying to leave "G-d" out of history...and advertising...and government...and 'prayer'services...and life....

"DON'T  OFFEND  PEPSI !

Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can
coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building, and
the Pledge of Allegiance on them. However, Pepsi left out two
little words on the pledge, "Under God." Pepsi said they didn't
want to offend anyone.

In that case, we don't want to offend anyone at the
Pepsi corporate office, either! .  . So if we don't buy any Pepsi product, they will not be  offended when they don't receive our money that has the words " In  God  We  Trust " on it.

HOW FAST CAN YOU FORWARD  THIS ONE? "