War Against The Free World.....

Steven Laib stevenlaib at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Fri Jul 29 17:46:03 MDT 2005

With all due respect, I believe that Mr. May has fallen for the
mistaken belief that Islam is a religion.  On sufficiently close
examination it is revealed as a political system with religious
trappings.  It could be called a theocracy.  It is not the pure
religion, as we see in other belief systems because it does not believe
in a separation of divine doctrine from political matters.  It teaches
that divine law governs the political, and that any political system
which does not adopt its ways is heretical.

In some respects, this reminds me of medieval Catholic practice, where
the church wielded tremendous influence over political activities on
occasion.  However, the Protestant Reformation, and the Enlightenment
enabled Western Civilization to achieve the balance between secular and
sacred.  It might be considered an adaptation of the scriptural
admonition to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is
God's.

The most important thing missing from May's analysis is that Islam,
from a structural point of view has never recognized the separation.
While Islamists may be violent and others may not be, they still preach
and believe the same doctrine, whether or not they actively participate
in violence, terrorism, or attempts to subvert politically established
governments.

As a possible parting shot on this subject, I was informed by Arabic
historian Kirk Sowell that the single reason why Muslims kill apostates
is because to leave their system is to commit political treason.  The
same reason why Benedict Arnold was hanged.  The logic is inescapable,
I believe.

Steven Laib