Frivolous lawsuits to bankrupt gun manufacturers take a big hit

Dudley D. Doright f16rsdad at JUNO.COM
Sat Jul 30 23:39:02 MDT 2005

As reported yesterday, an amendment by Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wisc.) passed,
which requires federally licensed dealers to provide a "secure gun
storage
or safety device" with the sale/transfer of every handgun (does not apply

to long guns).  It does not require gun owners to use the device, does
not
apply to private transfers, and does not create any new civil liability
for
gun owners who choose not to use these storage devices. Virtually all new

handguns today are sold with some type of secure storage or safety
device.  The amendment has no significant impact on current law or S. 397

itself.

I hope we can get this amendment removed.  I think it will be significant
in the future.

DD