Today's Good Word(s)

John blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Thu May 5 10:57:53 MDT 2005

A few choice quotes about politics.

"We'd all like to vote for the best man but he's never a
candidate." --Kin Hummbard

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the senators do not know
whether to answer 'present' or 'guilty'." --Theodore Roosevelt

"Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing.
Nobody listens -- and then everybody disagrees." --Boris
Marshalov

"We may not imagine how our lives could be more frustrating and
complex -- but Congress can." --Cullen Hightower

"In your country club, your church, and business, about fifteen
percent of the people are screwballs, lightweights, and boobs, and
you would not want those people unrepresented in Congress." --Alan
Simpson

“This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in
session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." --Will Rogers

"Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to
anything." --Frank Dane

and a personal favorite from I-don’t-know-where (editorialized by
me).

“The word politics comes from the Latin poly, meaning many and
tics, meaning blood-sucking Faustian nightmare.”