Newsmax.com - Mary Landrieu: I'll Punch Bush, 'Literally'

Sun Sep 4 21:13:43 MDT 2005

 Maybe the Secret Service should bitch slap Senator Mary Landrieu?
Mary Landrieu: I'll Punch Bush, 'Literally'
Sen. Mary Landrieu threatened the president of the United States with
physical violence on Sunday, saying that if he or any other government
official criticizes New Orleans police for failing to keep civil order in
the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina - "I might likely have to punch him -
literally."

"If one person criticizes [our sheriffs], or says one more thing,
including the president of the United States, he will hear from me - one
more word about it after this show airs and I - I might likely have to
punch him - literally," Landrieu railed on "ABC's "This Week."
It is illegal to threaten the president with physical violence.
The Louisiana Democrat blasted Bush for neglecting the New Orleans
levees, and demanded that he stop using the disaster for "photo-ops."
"The president came here yesterday for a photo-op," Landrieu charged,
while surveying the disaster scene via helicopter with "This Week" host
George Stephanopoulos in tow. "He got his photo-op but we are never going
to get this fixed if he does not send us help now."
Landrieu also blamed Bush for cutting funding for levee improvement,
before bursting into tears on camera.
In recent days, Louisiana officials have been criticized for bungling
evacuation and rescue efforts. One of those officials, Lt. Gov. Mitch
Landrieu, is Sen. Landrieu's brother.