Talk about dedication

Jim jnantz2 at 216-19-216-108.GETNET.NET
Mon Sep 5 21:58:32 MDT 2005

Talk about dedication.  DirectNIC is a hosting service in New Orleans.
They never went offline since the hurricane.  They're 9 floors up in a
building where they have a 750KW diesel generator and a helluva lot of
fuel.  At http://mgno.com/ one of Michael Barnett, one of the people who
works there has a blog, pictures they've taken and a live webcam.
Yesterday when I saw it, they had it pointed at the street below.
Tonight as I write this they have it in an office where you can see a
couple of guys and several computers.  Apparently there is a tv station
somewhere nearby on the air. I saw a tv with rabbit ears on top.  I
couldn't see what was on, but something was.

These people are going to do very well when this is over.  No doubt
staying online during and after a category 5 hurricane will be good for
business.

--

"He who laughs when things go wrong has just thought of someone he can
blame it on." - Benny Hill