Where does the mayor get off

Thomas Matiska tom.matiska at ATT.NET
Sat Sep 10 00:01:53 MDT 2005

-------------- Original message from Jim <jnantz2 at 216-19-216-108.GETNET.NET>: --------------

> Dennis whatever you're smoking I must insist you share it with me. If
> I'm staying at my home in New Orleans with food,guns, ammo, water, fuel,
> a generator and other supplies, and minding my own business what am I
> obstructing? What health hazard am I creating? The way I figure it, I'm
> only creating a health hazard for looters who try to come on my property
> and steal my stuff, or for anyone who tries to abduct me.

No hazard at all.  As long as you and the tens of thousands of others who
stay behind promise  not to use your toilets(guess where it flushes), or catch
hepatitis, cholera, etc... from being in close contact with the polluted water.

Promise not to need Police, Fire, Hospital, or any other of the services that
are no longer available?

The bottom line is the "failed response" we are debating could have generously
served 10 or 20 thousand victims in New Orleans.   But the LA Governor, NO
Mayor, and 50 thousand individual bozos screwed up beyond the power of the
Federal govt  to fix.

We don't need to reinvent or triple the budget/bureaucracy of FEMA or any other
govt agency.   We just need to learn that people living below sea level should
not debate the wisdom of fleeing an CAT 5 Hurricane.

Tom