The French Suck

Carl Spitzer cwsiv_2nd at HOTPOP.COM
Tue Sep 13 21:42:43 MDT 2005

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Matthew J. Poeske <mpoeske01 at sprintpcs.com>

A group of American, retired teachers, recently went to France on a tour. Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, was among them.

At French Customs, it took him a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on. Because of this, the customs officer asked sarcastically,

"You have been to France before, monsieur?"

Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.

"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."

The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible. Americans always have to show passports on arrival in France!"

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained . . .

"Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in '44 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to."