Fwd: FW: What I have seen since Katrina
blueoval at 1SMARTISP.NET
Mon Sep 26 14:52:12 MDT 2005
Subject: This says it all...
Received this from a friend and boy does he hit the nail on
To my friends and family
What I have seen since Katrina:
* The poor and the wealthy hurt by the storm.
* Back, white, Hispanic, Oriental and Indian all hurt by
* Neighbors going door to door helping one another.
* People coming up from New Orleans taking over empty
shelters are full.
* Out of town volunteers coming with food and staying
forover a week still
* FEMA doing a wonderful job in getting help to us.
* The Red Cross doing a great job in the shelters.
* The Salvation Army doing a great job in the community.
* Four hundred lineman from everywhere bring back the
power to our homes, churches, and businesses.
* Lines at service stations a block to a mile long.
* National Guardsmen, along with Kentucky policemen,
patrolling the streets of McComb, protecting us from the hoodlums
and thugs of McComb, Pike County, and New Orleans (the most
dangerous city in the world before Katrina.)
* Doctors, nurses, and other hospital personnel working
sleeping in the hospital to do the job that they were
called them to do.
What I have not seen:
* The ACLU setting up a food line.
* People for the American Way helping in the shelters.
* The NAACP doing any work whatsoever.
* The American Atheist organization serving meals in the
* Je$$e Jack$on just flapping his jaws as usual, where's
the Rainbow Coalition.
* Black Muslims and Idiot Farakhan trying to incite hatred
& riots as usual, though they told him to shut up or get out.
* I could go on, but you get my message. It's the good
people with love
and compassion who do the work.
The gripers in Congress should come on down and get in line to
pass the water and the ice. Are you listening, Hillary, Chuck,
Teddy, and all of you other sorry loafers we call Senators and
Congressmen? You don't have a clue as to what this life is all
about here on the Gulf Coast.
Boy, I feel better now.
David A. Millican
More information about the Rushtalk