Cal Thomas has it right

MCSpearing yuramac at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 16 15:19:52 MDT 2006

Yup, and I think the "spice" or "melange" is a metaphor for OIL.  And I can't help but remember when the hero, called by the Fremen "Mua'dib," rallied them by saying of the spice (oil), "Those who can destroy a thing can control a thing."  And by controlling the spice, they won the universe.

Crap ... where is Riddick when we really need him?  Ha!  Chronicles of Riddick, yet another allegorical story.  We MUST wean ourselves of oil or eventually we will be vanquished.

Live Long and Prosper, Using Hydrogen.

MCSpearing

Carl Spitzer <cwsiv at nerdshack.com> wrote: Frank Herbert's Dune was the source of the Orange Spice Milange it was a
life extending narcotic which enabled certain cronic users to mutate in
a few generations into drivers for Space ships and others to become
Benegeserit whores who can relive past lives.

CWSIV

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 18:17 -0700, MCSpearing wrote:
> You have me very confused, Mua'dib.
>
> MCS
>
> Carl Spitzer  wrote:
>         Actually I thought Dune was the source of the ultimate
>         narcotic making
>         Dune the new Columbia.
>
>         CWSIV
>
>         On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 16:03 -0700, MCSpearing wrote:
>         > For those of you who may think SF writers like Jules Verne
>         and H.G.
>         > Wells have a bead on the future, I invite the uninitiated to
>         read
>         > Herbert's Dune. Tell me that's not a prediction of Islamic
>         hegemony
>         > in the UNIVERSE to come.
>         >
>         > May the fleas of ten thousand Shai-Hulud infest John Effing
>         Kerry's
>         > crotch.
>         >
>         > MCS
>         >
>         > William White  wrote:
>         > As Blair struggles to do the right thing by deporting at
>         least
>         > some islamofascists and silencing a few preachers of hate,
>         why
>         > aren¢t we Americans shutting their Waahabi-funded schools
>         > and
>

> France has usually been governed by prostitutes. (Mark Twain)
>
> Remember them:
> Koby Mandell - http://www.kobymandell.org/about.htm
> Shiri Negari - http://www.shiri.us/

Remember them: