How lazy can people get?

Thomas Matiska tom.matiska at ATT.NET
Thu Aug 17 09:45:27 MDT 2006

My introduction to the precooked bacon was a few years ago at an up scale hotel in the DC-Baltimore area that started using precooked products for their "free" breakfast buffet..  The hot buffet was a definite step up from the standard continental breakfast, without the hassle of operating a kitchen.  No trained cooks,  gas grills, stainless steel sinks with grease traps, vent hoods with sprinkler systems. and other expensive items required by modern fire and health codes.    Untrained bottom end hotel employees would simply nuke the stuff and put it out as they would coffee and doughnuts.   No need to wash the disposable trays.

The otherwise ridiculous expense of paying for a food company to cook and package bacon actually made sense, when you compare it to how ridiculous it is for a commercial operation to fry bacon (in compliance with today's regulations) on premises as we would do at home.

Seems the biggest growth area in the jobs market has been jobs that help businesses eliminate other jobs.....another sign of the times.

Tom

-------------- Original message from Jim <jim at LADMO.AZANORAK.COM>: --------------